Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars

Picture Credit
My thoughts before the movie: I've heard great things about this movie. I've heard it's just like the book and I can't wait to see it.

My thoughts after the movie: THAT MOVIE WAS SO PERFECT. Everything about it was perfect. They included mostly everything that was in the book except for Caroline Mathers (Gus's deceased previous girlfriend) and Kaitlyn (Hazel's best friend). I was really looking forward to seeing the scene where Hazel lets the little girl in the mall (Jackie) try on her cannula because I think it is a really cute scene and I was disappointed that that scene wasn't in the movie. I also think Caroline is an important part of the story because Hazel doesn't want to die and leave him especially since it's happened to him before. They also left out the scene where Hazel and Gus sell the swing set. By the end of the movie, pretty much the entire theater was sobbing. The only exception was one guy in the back of the theater and he was laughing while everyone else was crying. My mom said to me, "That movie was so sad." Pretty much all the words in the movie are quotes directly from the book. It had more humor than the book though. There were points in the movie when I was sobbing and laughing. I loved that movie so much and I want to see it thirty more times. People that say Ansel and Shailene aren't a great Gus and Hazel are wrong. In my opinion, Ansel and Shailene are the perfect Gus and Hazel. I think that it's stupid when people judge an actor if they don't have the same hair or eye color as their character. Nat was a great Isaac, even though he didn't have blond hair. I can't wait until Paper Towns comes out because I think that Nat will be an amazing Quentin. I really love the soundtrack and I'm glad that they included some of the songs in the film. I just can't wait two more weeks for it to come out because I want to see it again and again.

My Three Words: Perfect, sad, and wonderful

My Rating: 5/5

Check out my review of the book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment